Agenda 2024 coming soon...
If you would like to be a speaker at this event, please contact sean.collins@iQ-Hub.com, subject heading “Call for Papers – Automotive Lightweight Materials USA 2024”.
- What’s the current outlook for automotive production volumes?
- How do various material categories currently compete for an automotive share?
- The current market outlook for automotive body materials
- The rear seat frame of the Ducati Monster is imbibed with both structural and aesthetic function
- The use of GFRP (Glass Fibre Reinforced Polymer) allows for a substantial mass reduction
- The process was adapted to take into account GFRP material characteristics
DUCATI MOTOR HOLDING
- Advanced design space tools for topology optimization and finding out optimal load paths
- Parametric optimization to achieve lightweight designs
- Vehicle optimization with reduced order modeling for faster optimization
Detroit Engineered Products (DEP)
- Significant potential for weight reduction (up to 60%) using this composite
- Use of lower-cost sustainable materials without loss of performance
- Functional integration: thermal/acoustic insulation for interior parts
- Direct back moulding, a low-weight and low-cost solution for premium soft-touch interior parts
- CompoLite®, a low-weight-versatile composite material solution for structural applications
- HP-RTM is a state-of-the-art process designed to produce structural composite parts at high volumes
- Newer modification of HP-RTM is called Liquid Compression Molding (LCM), which allows for shorter cycle times
- Progress on integrating the LCM process into the North American manufacturing environment
- Lightweight, strong, and sustainable composite material to replace the conventional petroleum-derived plastics
- The composite combines surface-modified natural fibers with bio-derived polymer matrices
- Optimizing the functionalization of natural fibers in bio-derived polymers to produce improved materials
- A new class of structural nanocomposite materials made directly from thermoplastics
- Reasonably easy and inexpensive to make, having properties rivaling carbon fiber composites
- Use cases of application of this material in automotive lightweighting
Graphene Composite Materials, LLC
- How Lyten’s advanced proprietary materials enable multiple variations of performance improvements
- How to tune specifically formulated solutions for multiple end application-specific polymer systems
- Scaled industrial solutions ready for commercialization
- Understanding the importance of metal pre-treatment
- Overview of the features and benefits of the process
- Main quality criteria for measurement
- GO-SPF - a process having the potential to improve the formability of Aluminum and Titanium sheets significantly
- A process engineered to generate and transfer minor gas oscillations of various frequencies and amplitudes
- This allows for forming of significantly more complex shaped products with thinner sections
AEM Power Systems | Macrodyne Technologies Inc.
- The problem of conflicting material properties between high formability vs. high paint-bake response
- The lineup of forming results using the Erichsen cupping test and a trial tool
- Demonstration of formability for outer skin applications while maintaining medium-strength PBR
- A comprehensive review of technological advancements in steel manufacturing
- Enhanced opportunities to optimize body structure components
- Processing pre-treatments that enable efficient use of steel for automotive lightweighting
American Iron and Steel Institute
- Understanding why polyethylene foam is replacing polyurethane foam
- Use cases of this material substitution for lightweighting
- Whether rigid foam can be much lighter than plastic
- Reduction of the wiring through wireless components
- Novel battery cooling systems for lightweighting
- Energy storage weight reduction for EVs - lighter electrodes
Key topics for 2024:
- Lightweight materials economic outlook and industry forecasts
Understand the economic fundamentals and key market drivers for automotive lightweight materials from a global perspective. Which composite materials and new technologies are available today, and where is the automotive industry heading?
- Exploring new applications with advanced engineering and simulation techniques
Make the business case for adopting new lightweighting solutions for the next generation of vehicle. How to use simulation techniques to solve the problems of thermal effects, large deformations, complex geometries, fatigue behavior, and free surface boundaries arising from the forming and extrusion of lightweight alloys.
- Latest research in advanced materials, joining techniques, and additive manufacturing
Evaluate innovations in joining solutions for automotive body structures. What advanced high-performance materials can be used for developing lightweight body-in-white (BIW) structures?
- New manufacturing processes and strategies for automotive lightweight production
Deliver reliable and scalable production methods for adapting new lightweight materials to achieve cost targets while optimizing production using new strategies without the constraints of previously invested capital.
- Upcoming regulations and safety standards for the next generation of vehicle
Hear from key regulators and classification bodies to ensure your products meet the requirements of new vehicle safety regulations and industry emissions standards.
- Manufacturer case studies on successful adaptation of lightweight materials
Gain insight from leading manufacturers and implement strategies that others in the industry use to ensure successful applications to the latest lightweight materials in your next automotive products.
Join us as a sponsor for this IQ International conference! Reach your target audience, limit competitor influence at the conference and become a keynote speaker, while sharing your company's solutions for this industry.
- Get registration discounts
- Enhance your brand awareness
- Additional marketing opportunities